Today I am going to introduce you to Shawn Chrystopher, a Rapper whose motto is "Honour Role Music".
His debut mixtape "I.W.G.: I Wear Glasses" was sponsored by LRG and got very good reviews. Shawn has worked with big names such as Big Sean, Mike Posner, and Owl City.
Comparison: I compare Shawn to another rapper, XV. They both kind of portray the "nerdy-kid gone rapper" theme.
They both love video games and even there flow in songs is very similar.
A quote by him that really defines who he is and his music is "Every rapper is trying to out 'gangsta' the next....why? Honour Role is all about having fun and making great music".
I'm really hyped for Shawn's debut album "My Name Is Shawn" that is going to be dropping later this year. He has put in extreme amounts of work lately and hopefully he will finally receive the credit he deserves after his album.
Below is a song where I think Shawn gets the perfect beat to display his clever rhyming skills. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment